Your Apple Watch will be updated to the sixth version of watchOS this September and the new update comes loaded with new features. We have a new App Store and a built-in noise detector app, and the system allows to delete some of the pre-installed apps from Apple Watch on WatchOS 6.
On WatchOS we have many system applications and you may not use all of them, on such a small screen it is not advisable to have so many applications and now Apple will allow you to delete its apps so that they do not bother you so much.
How Delete Apps From Apple Watch on WatchOS 6
While you can delete third-party apps from the watch app using your iPhone, but you can’t do the same with Apple’s own built-in apps, you’ll have to do it from Apple Watch itself. To do this follow these steps:
- Tap the digital crown and access the app menu.
- If your apps are in View as List mode, you’ll need to switch to View as Tile mode.
- To do this, simply tap and hold on the screen and “choose View as Tile“.
- Now we hold down an app, without making strength, just like you do on iPhone.
- Now the apps will start wiggling, on some of them you can see an “x”, tap on “x” icon of the app that you want to delete.
Which Apps Can be Deleted From Apple Watch?
Not all Apple apps can be removed in watchOS 6. Apps like Mail, Maps, Music and Photos can’t be deleted, but these are all that you can delete:
- Now it sounds
- Cycle Tracking
In the final version and WatchOS 6 we may have new apps, but in the first betas these are the ones that you can delete on your Apple Watch.
You May Like To Read: How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone iOS 12
How to Reinstall Deleted Apps on Apple Watch
You may want to recover one of these deleted apps at some point, however it’s something that’s easier to do from your iPhone than from your Apple Watch. To reinstall deleted apps on Apple Watch from your iPhone follow the below instructions.
- Simply open the “Watch App” on your iPhone.
- Go to the “App Store” tab in the lower right corner.
- Find the deleted apps and “Reinstall” them.
That’s it. In future, new updates may allow to delete more stock apps on Apple Watch and we’ll update this page to include the name of all the builtin apps that can be deleted from Apple Watch.