Have just downloaded zip files and wondering “how do I unzip these files on your iPhone or iPad?” Well, you are at the right place because we have a perfect solution for this. In this article I will show you step by step procedure how to unzip files on iPhone and iPad.
You might be familiar with the process how to zip and unzip files on Mac or PC. On Mac or Window, you can zip and extract files with just a few clicks but on iPhone/iPad this may take time.
There are a couple of ways you can open and unzip files on your iPhone/iPad. But in this article I will only mention the best apps that you can download from App Store to deal with all zipping and extracting files.
How to Open Zip Files on iPhone
If you have downloaded or someone has shared on your iPhone and you want to make sure if it right file. Then you can follow the procedure to open and view files on your iPhone or iPad before extracting.
Follow the below steps to open and View zip files on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Files icon on your device to open it.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the zip file.
- Tap on the zip file to views its size and number of items it contains.
- Now, tap on “Preview Content” button on the screen check.
Once tap on tapping preview content button you device will reveal the content that zip files contains. Now you have seen the content and extract the zip file to utilize the containing files.
How To Unzip File On iPhone and iPad
The app which can save you from hassle and manage zip files on your iPhone or iPad is called “iZip“. iZip is one the best app for handling almost all types of zip files on iPhone and iPad. There are many iZip features you can enjoy free forever but some of the cool features are only for paid users. However, you can Download and install iZip from App Store free on your device.
Once you downloaded and installed iZip on your iPhone or iPad, then follow the below procedure to unzip files on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to the file you want to extract on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap and hold on the file until small menu bar appears on screen.
- Tap on “Share” from the menu bar.
- Now, tap on “Save to Files“.
- Select “On My iPhone” on the next screen and then “iZip“.
- Now, tap on “Add” button from the top right corner and to file to the iZip.
- Go to Home Screen and Launch “iZip” app.
- Navigate to “Files” section on the app.
- Now, select the file you want to extract and tap “OK” to extract it.
That’s it! This is the way you can open and extract files on your iPhone and iPad.
How to Download Zip Files On iPhone/iPad Using iZip
You can also download zip files on your iPhone/iPad online and save to phone with iZip app. If you have installed iZip app on your device follow the steps below to save zip files;
- Open browser on your iPhone/iPad.
- Visit the page where you want to download zip file from.
- Tap on the file to begin downloading.
- Once, downloading is finished.
- Tap on the more and select iZip app from the menu.
Boom! The downloaded file will be saved in the app. Now, you can view, edit and share this file from your device.
You May Like to Read: How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone
How to View Online Zip Files on iPhone/iPad
Using above method you can only preview files which are download on your iPhone or iPad. What if someone sends you a zip file link and you have to check it before downloading or sharing. One option is to download this file and use the above method to preview containing files.
Download this amazing app called “Zip File Viewer” from the app store to open zip file on your iPhone or iPad. Using this app you can open zip files on browser, in email and from the direct links on your device. You can also transfer zip files to your Mac/PC from your iPhone or iPad with this app.
So, here is the procedure how you can view online zip files on your iPhone and iPad.
- Launch the Zip File Viewer.
- Tap on “Search Tab” and paste the link of zip file you want to view online.
- Or, Open the email which the contains zip file.
- Tap on the zip file you want view.
- Now, tap on “Zip File Viewer“.
- Finally, tap on the view file from Zip File Viewer you want to see.
That’s it! Now, you will be able to view the contents of the zip file. This app supports large number file formats.
Did you find this article helpful? If yes, then share it with your friends to help them. If you face any problem following the procedure or have related question let us know in the comment section below.